Abbreviations and symbols
- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- Dem. Rep.
- Democratic Republic
- dead-weight tons
- Extended Balance of Payments Services
- foreign direct investment
- free market commodity price index
- free on board
gross domestic product
- gross tons
- Group of Twenty
heavily indebted poor countries
- Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System
International Monetary Fund
- International Standard Industrial Classification of All Economic Activities
- least developed countries
- landlocked developing countries
liner shipping bilateral connectivity index
- liner shipping connectivity index
- Special Administrative Region
- small island developing States
Standard International Trade Classification
- twenty-foot equivalent unit
the former Yugoslav Republic
United Nations Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and the Small Island Developing States
- United States dollars
Zero means that the amount is nil or negligible.
The symbol underscore indicates that the item is not applicable.
Two dots indicate that the data are not available or are not separately reported.
The use of a hyphen on data area means that data is estimated and included in the aggregations but not published.
A hyphen between years (e.g. 1985 -1990) signifies the full period involved, including the initial and final years.
- Break in the series
- Estimated data
- Preliminary estimate